Thursday, May 7, 2009

Epic arc and its impact on missions.

Its been a while now since I finish the epic arc. I see the idea of an epic arc both as blessing and curse. The good part is pretty obvious, specially as a new player. You have an extremely long chain of missions (50 or so) that forces new players to fly across multiple systems while fighting those pesky pirates. At the same time getting a bunch of items and much needed isk. The bad is probably not obvious to the experienced capsuleer. I expected the missions offered by the other agents to be as entertaining and rewarding, but they aren't. I understand that the epic arc is call 'epic' for a reason, but didn't expect the Level 1 missions to offer so small amount of isk and be so repetitive.

Nevertheless, I've been doing missions now and then. It is too easy of an income to pass on it. From what I read the level 3 and level 4 missions are also profitable, so regardless of what I do in the future it seems a good idea to knock these low level missions now.

At first I didn't pay attention and missed the fact that by randomly picking up agents I was gaining standing with multiple NPC corporations instead of focusing on one. Recently I found the eve-agent website which I'll use to determine which corp to concentrate my efforts on. We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment