Thursday, May 28, 2009

Cat and mouse.

"Hostile in Kheram". That was the first thing I saw in corp channel when I logged. That was only one jump away, so I asked for a fleet invite as I was undocking with the Thorax. Immediately got in fleet and warped to gate. In less than 5 minutes we had a small fleet (4 or 5 pilots). We waited for a couple of minutes in Mista's gate to Kheram while our scout narrow down his location.

"Target located". We all warped in and the hunt began. For the next two hours we bounced all over the place. More hostile came and went. Still no engagement. At one point our FC with his Armageddon met the hostile in a gate and shot at him. Sentry guns hit the battleship, but our target was smarter than that. He didn't engage.

All night our target proved elusive. At some times he was so close (200k away), but yet not enough for any of us to engage. At no time I felt that our FC or any member in the fleet made a bad call or a mistake. Our target had a good set of bookmarks and really good instincts.

Nevertheless it was a lot of fun. Among other things I learned that this is definitely harder than it looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment