Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Miner Anonymous

Dante: "Hi, My name is Dante and I enjoy mining. "
Everyone : "Hi Dante"

I doubt there is a Miners Anonymous support group, but if there was one I imagine the introduction would be something like that.

After gathering so many things in previous MMOs and knowing that this was not a requirement in EVE (I think the only requirement so far is to fly what you can afford) I was certain that I would never mine. I actually tried it for one of the introductory missions part of the NPE. It was awful. I almost felt like taking the power cord and strangle myself, but after talking to Ranzat (RL friend and also fellow capsuleer) I decided to give it another try with Armand. He was going to be my industrialist anyway, so it kind of made sense for him to mine while learning the skills to make him a T1/T2 production expert.

Once I got some of the basic skills out of the way (mining iv), got miners ii in the bantam and found a quiet belt without can flippers I actually found it relaxing. With the bantam there isn't much money to make, but while I was moving my stuff with Dante to the new system Armand managed to make a very nice 3M isk from his mining! Not bad for a night solely dedicated to hauler stuff from one system to another.

Now the next step is the retriever and ice harvesting. AF runs mining ops that I look forward to take part of plus during my solo times it is likely to produce some good steady income.

No comments:

Post a Comment