Saturday, May 1, 2010

A year in review.

I missed the celebration of my first year in EVE, but didn't want to miss the celebration of this blog's first year.

Yesterday was 1 year since my first post. Looking back I see how much my goals have changed in this past year. When I started all I could think of were wormholes. I imagine that makes sense since I joined EVE with the Apocrypha expansion. I looked around for a corp/alliance that operated from one, but life in such a inhospitable place requires a skill level I was really far from.

That took me to consider EVE University. Fortunately (it seemed unfortunately at the moment) they were under a wardec which stopped their recruiting. Thats when an old friend from WoW mentioned AU-F and its been home since.

EVE is the third MMO that manages to keep me around for a year (WoW and FFXI were the others), but is the only one where I have more than one account. This is in big part because of the "leveling" process. EVE doesn't allow people to catch up by playing more. The real-time training makes certain that new players are always behind. In order for me to enjoy different aspects of EVE I decided to have different pilots specializing in different roles.

So where are my pilots after this first year and where are they going?

Dante Styx is currently a bit over 18M skill points. All in Gallente ships and related fits. Short term goals is to finish heavy drones V and start Gallente battleship V. The end of year goals are to have the skills to properly fly and fit a Moros. Those BC, BS, HAC and capital gangs I flew with during the Providence war were amazing and all the training I have schedule is to make me an asset in future gangs in Scalding Pass.

Armand M is almost at 16M skill points. He is completely capable of gathering any asteroids ore, ice or gas clouds with all related skills at IV or V. Unfortunately all the changes put a dent on the industrial section of the corporation. Instead of continuing the industrial path he is now in track to fly a properly fit Oneiros. I felt that this was not only a good help to PVP fleets, but could also prove useful if our POS get attacked.

Dante Darkko (yep a third pilot) is at 4M skill points. Since Styx went the big ship route, I started Darkko for the opposite. He is currently flying a full T2 fit Thrasher. The short goal is to fly a Sabre and an Ares. Long terms is to include Nemesis and Assault Ships for both Gallente and Minmatar.

It was a very fun year and I'm sure this will be even better. Hopefully I'll have more time to post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment