Thursday, May 13, 2010

Talking about deep wallets...

Since I'm in the topic of making ISK to provide ships for the PVP thirst... I read the other night a post by PK (Aggressive Tendencies blog) about the Titan lost by Atlas. My jaw hit the floor when I read the killmail. I haven't been in any alliance that has super-capitals, so I'm not 100% sure how the "purchasing" of it is decided. I'm guessing that the alliance/corp absorbs the ship cost and the player takes care of the fittings, but I could be wrong.

Nevertheless, we are talking about a 49.1B ship loss plus a... wait for it... 36.8B fit loss. That is 85.9B that went poof. I can't even imagine that much money (probably the USA can't either with our economy). How can you make so much money?

Anyway, the reason for the loss can be greatly attributed to CCP fail-mechanics that are now so common in big battles.

Talking about fail-mechanics... PK is running a poll asking for readers how important this issue should be for CCP. If you have the time visit his site and vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment