Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Not as planned.

Last night our corp had a PVE Op to raise ISK for our corporation wallet. A group of us were hitting Haven and Sanctum anomalies in south Scalding Pass without problems. Close to the end of the Op a Dramiel red pilot showed up in system. I was in an Ishtar. With so many blues in system and with only one more battleship to kill before killing the wave I decided to stay and finish the wave before warping to POS. That was a mistake.

Before I could kill the Angel rat the Dramiel jumped around 15 km of me. I immediately tried to warp to POS, but it was too late. I was tackled and unable to warp. The Dramiel started to hit me, but his DPS was not enough to hurt me. I immediately pointed my ship away of the Angel battleship to avoid his guns while fighting the red pilot while I sent my warrior II to the Dramiel.

At this time a second Dramiel pilot shows up in system and warp to us. At this time their DPS slowly, but surely begins to eat my armor tank. While all this is happening I'm passing intel to my alliance via our intel channel and vent.

This is when things didn't go as planned for our red pilot friends. As they are killing my third warrior drone friendly pilots jump in, including an interdictor with a bubble.

After a short battle, Black Mouse and Lemelette were sent straight to their clones.

Looking back I have to say that there are multiple lessons to learn here:
  • No matter how many blues there are in system, reds will always risk their ships to try to kill you.
  • It pays to be calmed when asking for help.
  • It is great to be on an alliance where your friends have your back.
  • Always jump to safety if you are ratting. Rat dps, plus red dps is hard to tank.
Thanks to my corp and alliance mates for coming to my rescue and making it clear to these pilots that they are not welcomed in our space.

No comments:

Post a Comment