Monday, June 22, 2009

Null sec state of mind.

After typing that title I had no choice, but to open a new tab to listen to Billy Joel's song that inspired it. :)

For the last 2 weeks life in the Misaba/Mamet low-sec area of Domain has been more difficult than normal. It is low sec, so we expect pirates to be lurking in every corner. But this is different. First we had the visit of a merc corp that moved in to mess with CVA and their friendly alliance in the area. They were roaming in a 10-15 ship fleet. Lots of battleships, HAC and other Tech 2 boats. Our regular fleets were no match to this fleet make-up, so a lot of staying safe (running to Mista, or deep in Providence or inside the station) took place. One night multiple senior pilots put together a stealth bomber fleet (I don't have the skills for that) and took many of the battleships with some great tactics, but with their deep pockets they came back with a new fleet. After that contract expired another set of reds moved to Yong to cause trouble.

These groups stay in the low-sec area and venture little into Providence. They know that the few corporation/alliances that call that area home don't have the fire power to repel them and that CVA don't venture that far out. Is for this that our leadership presented us with a new plan... move fully to Providence.

I am extremely happy about this decision. All my experience so far has been better in null sec than low sec. In null sec things are more in our terms than red terms. This weekend I started all the logistics for me to move without leaving anything useful behind. If everything goes well I'll be living in one of the CVA outpost in a day or two. I have my jc in Thebeka which gives me access to missioning when I need a change of pace, plus is my gate to W-space when I'm ready for it.

Looking forward to new challenges and more adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment