Monday, June 22, 2009

L4 missions.

This past week I also had the opportunity to experience a bit of the PVE-endgame. I know there are L5 missions in the game, but this is as close to PVE-endgame content as a new player can wish for.

The senior pilots in the group (Psycro, Mendolus, Noldevin) were more than capable to do any of these by themselves, but they were graceful to let us tag along so we could experience the L4 missions while making some nice ISK.

This has been the closest experience to a regular MMO (WoW, WAR) that I had in EVE so far. All the normal stuff was explained : aggro, killing order, which NPCs to immediately kill if they show up, which one to not even look at and who to assist.

I thought that the little 0.0 ratting I've done in Providence was enough to take on these. I was dead wrong. The amount of NPCs per wave in some of these encounters is incredible. Four BS, 4+ cruisers and a laundry list of frigates. It was a really crazy night. Of course the waves were no match to the Battleships that our senior pilots were flying. They were never in any real trouble. Felt like some level-80/25Nax-geared player was helping me clearing out a level-70 dungeon.

I look forward to try these on my own. I ran multiple missions for the Sarum Family during the weekend to start my path to L4. Hopefully by the time I reach that level of standing with them I'll have the necessary skills to take on those.

No comments:

Post a Comment