Friday, January 29, 2010

A new beginning.

There has been a lot of changes this week. I wish I would have wrote about it earlier, but so many things happened so fast that I barely kept up.

First things first... we left AoV. There are a lot of great pilots and their CEO, Logic, is one of the finest FCs I had the pleasure to fly with. Unfortunately our corps goals and the alliance goals were not the same anymore. A lot of pilots in AU-F were growing from BCs to BS or from BS to Caps. This grow was happening at a fast pace. The politics in the region and within the alliance pushed us to try a relocation to the North. Just as we were moving the Atlas vs WI war heated up. This first looked like a very bad thing for us, but turned out to be a blessing. Two week later Geminate fell. All the outpost WI had were gone. I don't follow the politics in the region, but it seemed that the alliances that make up the NC turned their backs to WI. Either way we were back at square 1.

So we were still deciding what to do when communications between our leadership and the alliance break. I login to an error saying that some channels are unavailable. One of them was the alliance channel. I asked in corp channel and was told that it just happened. We were out.

This looked again like a very bad thing for us, but again turned into a blessing. Our fearless diplomat, Mend, was already in communication with the leadership of another alliance. After hours of talking to them and negotiations he formally request for AU-F to join -FA-.

On Wednesday around 9:30PM EST AU-F officially became part of -FA-.

At first I didn't know how this was going to affect me, but the senior pilots were so happy that I knew it would be good. As I logged in on Armand (industrialist) to move all my mining stuff to the new system I joined a fleet for the long trek thu low-sec Domain and south Providence. I was expecting a lot flight, but when I get to Providence, FC says "warp to me". I did as told and suddenly I'm in some POS. "So whats next?" I thought. Then William Amatto explains to me how to use this thing called a "jump bridge". I'm like uh?

I do as I'm told and I jump. Suddenly I'm at the complete opposite side of Providence. A smile was on my face the entire night after that. I was then given all the info as to where these JBs were located and to which systems it jumped me to. I was without words. Suddenly Providence didn't look that big after all.

In top of that the alliance CEO suddenly makes an announcement in Alliance channel. "If you can fly a captial ship, please X up". I'm like... wtf?! Two nights before a call for "frigates fleet" came in the previous alliance channel and now they are asking for capitals?! Another big smile on my face.

It is hard to describe how flying thru the same space now became an entire different feeling. For any WoW (or ex-WoW like me) player I can only explain it like this. I was running an instance as a non-heroic/10-man raid, then suddenly I was invited to a heroic/25-man run. The dungeon and bosses look the same, but it is a completely different experience.

I look forward to my time in -FA-. Still.. for those back in AoV... Fly safe!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes GOOD things happen to good people, just like you bro, I am more than fulfilled knowing that your gaming experience is only getting better and that doors have been opened for you and others that we never had before.

    Fond memories are the most cherished of possessions IMO.

    o7

    ReplyDelete