Friday, December 4, 2009

About Dominion.

Lets talk Dominion.

The first thing I liked about this expansion was the name. I can actually pronounce it as oppose to Apo-cryptic. The game looks great. The planets give a really nice touch to the game and even the splash screen looks amazing.

I read a lot about the in-game browser, so immediately brought it up. I have to say that they finally have a good browser. I can now check dotlan.com, eve-agents, corp & allinace forums/kb and Scrapheap Challenge from the game. I didn't try to post to this blog, but I imagine it will work just fine. Hopefully that means more updates.

The Fleet utility worked as I expected. It was easy to find corp/alliance fleets. I can't believe it took so long to add this. I don't even want to look back at how it was before.

The mail application is better, but nothing super special. I thought they were going to steal a page from thunderbird with virtual folders and filters. But still good. :)

I don't have a comment about all the lowering of the skills. I think is a good thing, but none of them affect me.

About the 0.0 changes. To be honest I have done a very poor job going thru all the release notes and developer blogs. I read some of the summaries in the blogs I follow. Thats it. My little experience the other night... nothing really changed. CVA and allies were holding Providence and the few systems in Catch. There was a lot of red activity, but nothing out of the ordinary. I took my Dominix to the 2V pocket and found it as busy as ever. After jumping around a couple of belts in 7Y I end up blowing up a couple of Sansha BS (650k a piece). I didn't notice anything difference (there were a bunch of empty belts and spawn didn't look any different). I have to do some reading and check with the corp-mates to see what I'm missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment