Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2010 resolution.

There are two things you can always expect this time of the year: new year celebrations and new year resolutions. We are not doing anything exciting this year, so lets talk about my EVE resolutions.

I have three resolutions/goals for the upcoming 2010 year for each pilot. I sorted them into short/medium/long term goals.

Lets start with Dante. The last 7 month were very interesting. I pursued different objectives, but I'm still not sure where my pod will take me this coming year. Maybe PVP, or plexing/missions or W-space adventures. Regardless of my final destination the short and medium goals will come in handy. The long term goal is probably in everyone's TODO list at some point.
  • Short : Small/Medium/Large Tech-2 blasters and railguns. I'm currently 1 day way from Large Hybrid V! According to EVEMon I'll be done with this goal by Feb. I look forward to have my BS and HAC with Tech-2 guns.
  • Medium : Take Gallente BS, Heavy Drones, Sentry Drones and Drone Interfacing skills all to V. Each drone skill takes 23 days while the BS will take 32, so around 4 months to complete. Drones are awesome!
  • Long : Capitals!!! I'm still not sure what will it be. Maybe a Moros or a Thanatos. I don't have enough money to pay for any of them at the moment, but hopefully this will change. To properly fly and fit either one will take 4-5 months. If the previous 2 goals are reached as scheduled, in theory ,I should have the proper skills for one of these ships by Dec 2010. This depends greatly on two things: a)my wallet and b)the company direction.
About Armand...
  • Short : All ore refining/mining to IV in order to use Tech-2 crystals for them in my Hulk. This should be done by the end of the month. Only the ABC ores are not currently trained since they require Metallurgy IV (currently @ III). With the changes brought in via Dominion these skills will greatly benefit my wallet. :)
  • Medium : Be able to fly an Obelisk maybe even an Anshar. I'm currently one skill away (Industrial Command Ship) from flying an Orca. I can't afford an Orca at the moment, so spending the money on that book seemed a waste. Still the Orca is not a big hauler. For me to further help the corp reach the next level I think this is a must. We can't rely only on a very few pilots with these skills.
  • Long : T1/T2/T3 production. I'm still researching what particular T2 items/ships I want to work with (same with T3), but this was always the goal with Armand. I think production is really amazing (and complex). Look forward to be able to build my own ships!
The medium term goal is more a matter of money than time spent training. Because of this it is likely that a lot of support skills will be trained to fill the gaps. Specially probing skills and remote repping skills for future W-space and maybe L4/L5 missions.

It is a very ambitious agenda, but one has to dream big to do big things.

On RL note... I hope to improve this blog. Post more often and about subjects that make this a unique place. Ecliptic Rift gave some hints about this in a recent blog (which was also mentioned by EVE Druid).

No comments:

Post a Comment