Thursday, July 23, 2009

Printed media.

Its been a while since I bought or subscribed to a magazine. With all the information we have at our fingertips via blogs, wiki, forums, fan pages, etc it seem to me that spending money on a magazine is a waste of hard earn cash. The magazine may be printed and delivered in no time, but the articles in it had to be written, reviewed, edited and whatever else that was needed weeks before the magazine was shipped. It means that even the day the magazine arrives it has information that is probably weeks old.

Because of this and many other factors, I have to say that I was surprised when I first learned about E:ON magazine. A printed magazine of an ever changing MMO. Not only ever changing, but one that had already great coverage in the web via multitude of sites. I basically said "bah!" and ignore it... until a post in Manasi blog.

The list of content included almost every blogger I followed. Hmm... Could this be worth reading? We'll find out soon. I decided to give it a try. Hopefully is as good as it sounds. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment