Thursday, July 23, 2009

Exploration re-visited.

Two weeks ago I hit a wall with the PVP in Providence (more about that in another post). I decided to park the Thorax and Brutix and went back to ratting and missions.

I did a few missions in the low-sec areas of Domain when I came to Providence, but going back to Mamet or Misaba was out of the question. I decided to try something in the Domain empire space. After looking at the list of agents in the area I decided to help the Carthum Conglomerate. There were three reasons for this. They were in Domain, had a big amount of L4 agents and multiple research agents. Unfortunately the L1 missions are BORING! After doing this for 2 days I JCed back to Providence for a change of pace.

Ratting in Providence is great. The bounty is good (around 950k per Sansha battleship), the salvage is better than anything I've seen before and if you get lucky a True Sansha can appear and drop some crazy good loot. This also goes great with my ad-hoc schedule. I can join at any time and get going immediately. It is really a great place for ratting, but that is also the big problem. A lot of people come to this area to do the same.

About a week ago I couldn't find a system that wasn't packed. I still was not ready for more PVP, but I didn't have many options... or so I thought. After debating between continue my search for a ratting spot or going back to those L1 suddenly it came to me. Exploration!!!

I immediately jumped in my Imnicus and started to explore. I forgot how much I liked exploration. It is like nothing else in EVE. Its own mini-game. After deploying the probes and running some scan I hit a Sansha Provincial Hub. I thought I could hit it alone, but it wasn't the case. After an SOS in Corp chat Gat and Zee came to the rescue.

If I recall we had 4 or maybe 5 waves. The fights were fun and the loot amazing. We had a True Sansha battleship that dropped great loot. This was besides all the great bounty, salvage and regular loot. The plex was a success and I was hooked again.

Every night after that I've done some exploring. Some times I get lucky sometimes I don't. I've found a big number of different plexes in the area. I tried to find information about them, but so far nothing really good. I'll start writing down the name of the plex and put together a description of it. Maybe I can add that to Evelopedia or EVE-wiki to help future explorers. It will be a while before I can hit all the different types, but I look forward to them. Specially the really tough ones like the Sansha Provincial HQ and something called the Sansha Minefield.

No comments:

Post a Comment