Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Surviving transitions.

I thought that in my first year in EVE I've seen enough to survive anything thrown at me. I lived in high sec, low sec and 0.0. I fought in Providence during the invasion and in Scalding Pass during Goon's attack. I moved from Providence to Scaling Pass to Pure Blind (those who have many assets know how difficult is relocating many times in a short span of time). Yet none of this prepared me for the transition period that we are living in... and it is killing me!!

Lets go back a couple of months. -FA- had just moved to Scalding Pass and rented 4 different systems (which were 2x too many). We were getting settle down when leadership decided to pack and move North. This conceded with the announced Goon+Coven invasion of the area, but supposedly it was a coincidence more than a result. While in SP there was some friction between AU-F leadership and other corps. The move, combined with the restructuring of the alliance (many corps merged together while others were kicked out) created a very volatile environment. By the time the move was over, the communications completely broke down. The writing was on the wall. It was just a matter of when.

Around 2 weeks ago AU-F leadership did the sensible thing and left -FA- (I wish them well). This is the first time since I'm in AU-F that we are on our own. A couple of ideas were thrown around, but eventually we decided on an explorer life. AU-F has some WH goals. We'll see in the next weeks if we are able to pull it out.

In the mean time we are in a transition period. We are not roaming low-sec or 0.0 as a group. Basically the majority is PVEing to make some extra ISK for our next project. I tried for 2x weeks to do L4s, but I can't anymore. The level of boredom for the crap of pay is impossible to bear. I really don't understand how people can do L4s all day.

Without any industry or PVP options available I'm tied to L4s for survival. It is not easy.

I'm currently working on Salvage V, but once done I'll get Dante Styx on a tech2 gallente frigate to help explore and find a suitable WH space.

Not sure what the future holds for AU-F, but hopefully we can survive this transition period and reach our new goal.

2 comments:

  1. Sure you can. Hope to read more about it. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice blog I think you should add a subscribe link

    ReplyDelete